Friday, March 21, 2014

Resume updating

Since writing my last post, I heard back from many friends encouraging me as I figure out Laura 2.0.  I also downloaded an ebook of Restless by Jennie Allen per the recommendations of two different people.  It addresses exactly where I am.  I'm two chapters in now and would recommend it.

This weekend, I need to update my resume.  I haven't done that in quite a while.  The good thing is that my husband is very good at things like computer formatting and being able to put lots of bang into very few words.  Helpful skills that tax me quite a bit.

I'm not a fan of resumes.  I get why they're important, but I'm a girl of many words.  It's tricky to express all I want to say in a short phrase.  Another tricky thing about resumes is that they are to be job-specific.  I imagine an arrow pointed directly at a target and the purpose of the piece of paper is to summarize exactly why you are the perfect fit for this job.

I won't go into specifics, but an opportunity has come my way that could be the answer to my prayer for part-time employment for next fall.  The resume will be for this purpose.

My prayer for this:  Lord, grant me the wisdom to accomplish the task of writing this resume in a way that honors you.  Help me not let worry, pride or any other thing that's not of you get in the way of your purpose.  Thanks for loving me.  Amen.

No comments: