Friday, May 30, 2014

Clothes shopping

I used to love clothes shopping.  I had a fave store, Petite Sophisticate, and shopping there was truly enjoyable.  I guess I didn't shop there enough because they're now out of business.  Boo.

I'm not going to go down the body image road today, but suffice it to say that I'm a petite frame.  I'm one of those odd women that after kids I'm smaller than before.  Not by much, but enough to make me miss Laura 1.0 pre-kids.  Oh well.  I'm at peace with it, even though the muffin top over the jeans really is annoying.

I would like a new pair of shorts.  Not world peace, not my non-muffin top tummy back (even though that would be really great), just shorts that fit.  I've come to accept the fact that Wal-Mart really isn't the answer to my clothing woes.  It's easy to throw something in the cart as I walk by, but that's almost always a mistake.  Today I was so close to throwing a pair of shorts in the cart.  I really wanted to, but I fought the urge and decided to learn from past experience and left them on the rack.

I called my sweet husband and asked if I could go to Kohl's alone this weekend and get a pair of shorts.  He gladly agreed to watch boys so I can shop.  So wonderful.

I've come to accept that I have a champagne size and a pork rind budget just doesn't quite work.  (I read that phrase in Kissing Adrien by Siri L. Mitchell.  Fantastic book).  I'm proud that the first step is saying no to me at Wal-Mart.

No comments: