Thursday, May 15, 2014

Last MDO for a while

It's ironic.  When I started having mom's day out for the twins, I had a hard time with it.  I felt guilty for having time for myself.  Then I got pregnant with #3 and needed to time to rest and go to dr appointments alone.  Then I had #3 and when the day came for him to join the twins at mom's day out I was just happy to breathe alone for that time.

And now, it's #3's last day for MDO.  Allow me to brag what I'm doing on this monumental day:  lots of things I love.  Am I cleaning out the garage.  Nope.  Am I mending clothes?  No.  Am I canning fruit?  No.  Am I writing the great American novel.  No way.  Maybe tomorrow on that one.

Instead, I tried out a new coffee and used books shop.  Loved every minute in there and scored some great reads for summertime.  I can home and enjoyed my quiet home.  Talked to mom at length and didn't get interrupted.  Wrote on the family blog.  Even wrote on my Spanish blog which I rarely do.  To write on it, I have to be inspired by something non-momish.  Those moments are tough to come by but today I composed something lovely about how I want to resist change and bury my head in the sand but that God is showing me He didn't create me to be an ostrich.  I played favorite songs on the piano and sang.  Loudly.  In a bit I'll meet up with a friend at a lovely girlie lunch spot.  I'll do a bit of shopping at the Dollar Tree (I seriously do love that place) until it's time to pick up small fry.

Will this day change the course of human history?  Probably not but will it recharge my batteries?  Absolutely.  And that, my friends, is a good way to spend my time.

No comments: