Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Teacher gifts

I love saying thanks.  It's just good.  When I used to teach, my favorite gifts included:  a red rose (fake flower) that still is in my pencil tray at home, some Santa salt and pepper shakers (only brought out at Christmas) and on a field trip one day, a sandwich.  E's mom sent him a sandwich and made me one as well.  I thought it was the sweetest gesture ever.  Still do.

The end of school is here and I decided to make the teachers a spice rub for meat.  I use spice rubs a lot and thought regardless of dietary choices, none of these ladies are vegetarians as far as I know, so this should work well.  I asked which teachers should get one and I was told their class teachers, their helper teachers, the PE and music teacher.  Sounds good to me.  This morning the boys helped me pass them out.  Neat moment. 

I actually got choked up when we gave the jar to the PE teacher because she was genuinely surprised and touched that we thought of her.  I kept my tears at bay (go me!) and had one of those neat moments when we got home.  I called my mom and thanked her for teaching me to say thanks.  I'm passing it on to my sons and it really is a neat thing.

I even got to use my label maker for this project!  Happy days!

No comments: