Wednesday, September 3, 2014

92 is still an A

I finished reading The Cure to the Perfect Life by Kathi Lipp and it was a great thing to read right now.  I'm transitioning from staying home full time, which while a blessing, was a real challenge for me.  Now, I'm part-time teaching and I'm figuring out how to balance my time as I go.

Yesterday was the first day and overall, it went well.  It went better than I thought it would.  Had I been stepping into the kind of teaching I used to do, I think it would have been fantastic.  However, what I'm doing now is very new for me and I'm figuring it out as I go.

If I had to give myself a grade on how yesterday went overall, I would give myself a 92%.  There were some things that weren't perfect, but all in all a great day.  I read in the book about a woman who was told by her boss that 90% is still an A.  Wise words.

I'm bothered by the 8% that wasn't perfect yesterday.  Geesh.  I've got to let it go!  I asked my husband how he walks away from his job and leaves it there.  He said he just does.  Lucky duck.  I just don't work like that.  But it's my goal to learn.

This week is weird with having Labor Day and with my classes starting, so I'm giving myself permission to do as I need to this week.  However, next week I'm going to log how I spend my days.  The quantity of time I spend on housework tasks, son tasks, work tasks, church tasks, etc and then I want to be sure how I'm spending my time is what I really want or if I need to tweak.  I also want to be sure I'm getting some me time in there.

The irony is that work tasks feel like me time because I really do enjoy teaching.  Score!

No comments: