Friday, September 5, 2014

Library bliss

My husband works in a really nice, huge library.  He's the financial director  of it, so even though he's not a librarian, he gets to be surrounded by books.  What a perfect fit for our family.

Yesterday I had time between dropping off #3 at his MDO and teaching my class at 12:30.  What to do?  I took a walk, had a late breakfast at Chick fil a and then went to the library.

The walk was fantastic.  We're studying the book of Luke at CBS, so I listened to our chapter as I walked.  Very cool.  Chick fil a is always great and even better when I'm not policing my kids in the play place.  But the best was the library.

I've decided I'm going to do a Spanish-speaking country spotlight each week for my older class.  I'm going to start with Mexico so I can tie in their Independence Day on Sept 16.  Problem is I don't know much about it, but I took the time yesterday to do a bit of research.  I had honestly forgotten how much I love learning something new that I'm passionate about.  After a bit of reading, I could easily fill a whole class period just on the historical significance of that holiday.  Of course, the challenge for me will be how to teach just a snapshot of it.  My goal is to introduce it and then make a homework assignment about it if they're really interested.

It feels so good to use my brain again!  I love that it's still there and in working order!

No comments: