Monday, September 8, 2014

Listing the chores

I had a moment yesterday morning when I felt mad.  Mad that I have so many household duties.  I spoke with my husband about it and he graciously agreed that now I'm back at work part-time, it's unfair that I'm still doing the vast majority of the household tasks. 

As a way to fix this, I told him I would list everything I do to make our home and family run and then we would discuss how to split things up.  Today I started that list.  It's long.

I'm such a people pleaser that this confrontation was hard for me and afterwards I felt bad.  However, for 7 years I've been home full-time and I've done a good job with the tasks I've been responsible for.  The day has come for what I'm responsible for to shift.

I look forward to having a talk with Aaron where we discuss the tasks and discuss what he wants to do, what the boys can take more responsibility for and what will be my responsibilities.

Growing pains are a part of life.  As I grow into being a working mom, I have to let the guilt I tend to carry about not doing everything perfectly go.  A 90% is still an A.  A mom in the moment, happy with her life is even better.

No comments: